Heat Exchangers are an alternative to hot air furnaces and are especially adapted to Tornum’s modular dryer system. Heat exchange for hot water and steam can be offered and suitable energy sources are straw, wood chips, pellets or oil. The flexible design means that we can customize the dimensions and air volume of the coil to suit your specific needs.
HEAT EXCHANGER USED AS PREHEATER
By preheating the air before it is released into the furnace , the total oil consumption is reduced. TORNUM’s preheating coil can be connected to a hot air furnace.
• Finned heat exchangers with copper tubing and mechanically fixed expanding aluminium fins.
• The coils operate according to the counterflow principle, which results in very high efficiency.
• Heavy duty mounting frame designed for Tornum’s modular system provides easy installation and protected placement.
• Headers and connections for water fittings can be placed on either side
• The headers have plugged outlets for venting and drainage. The coil connections on the liquid side have external threads.